Entirely conceived, written, and researched at Denison, in areas of growth/trajectory
- “‘The Dynamism of Violent Death’: Low-Key Lighting, Censorship, and Violence in Film Noir.” In Film Noir: Light and Shadow, edited by Alain Silver and James Ursini, 308-315. Milwaukee, WI: Applause, February 2017.
- “Hawks’s ‘Unhawksian’ Biopic: Sergeant York.” In Howard Hawks: New Perspectives, edited by Ian Brookes, 67-81. London: BFI/Palgrave, 2016.
Mostly written and researched at Denison, in areas of growth/trajectory
- “Radio Noir in the USA.” In A Companion to Film Noir, edited by Helen Hanson and Andrew Spicer, 423-439. London: Blackwell, 2013.
Partially written at Denison, building on dissertation writing and research
- “I’m Not There: Transcendent Thanatography.” In The Biopic in Contemporary Film Culture, edited by Tom Brown and Belén Vidal, 227-242. London: Routledge, 2013.
- "A Hard Day’s Night as a Post-Studio Era Musical Biopic.” Quarterly Review of Film and Video 33, no. 6 (April 2016): 567-579.
- “Masculinity, Race, and the Blues in the Bizpic Cadillac Records.” In Anxiety Muted: American Film Music in a Suburban Age, edited by Tony Bushard and Stanley Pelkey, 188-204. London: Oxford University Press, 2014.